Richard, Attorney
Experience:  32 years of experience practicing law and a businessman.
17027240

I received a email from the people I was consulting for, the

Customer Question

Richard I received a email from the people I was consulting for, the one's I had the payment issue with. They finally paid a portion with explanation of why they were only paying that amount. Most were inaccurate statements. I received an Email from them
and I don't what it to reflect badly on me with the The Franchisor. Please advise: Robert, It has come to our attention you have been interacting with our team members in a distractive and negative way that is impacting our business. You are contacting them,
making disparaging, defamatory comments about us, and recommending they quit. This is detrimental to our ability to operate the business. We would be happy to provide you with documented phone conversations and forwarded text messages you have had with our
team members since your separation from our company. Part of the reason why you are no longer consulting for us, is because we did not feel there was adequate communication. When modifying team members salaries, hiring wages, and expenses, information was
communicated to us at the last minute, after the change was made, or money spent, if at all. Oftentimes the changes weren't even documented in the profit system. This is our only attempt to rectify the situation directly with you as we cannot imagine you don't
have better things to do with your time. If you continue to tamper with our team members or any other aspect of our business, further action will be pursued, whether within the Papa John's community or legally.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. I would respond to them to correct their facts. I would point out the inaccuracies in their letter so they don't stand uncontested. Then, I would inform them that although they may have had the right to terminate you, they did not then have the right to unilaterally adjust what you were owed through the date of termination. You are entitled to the compensation that you earned while you were consulting and if they fail to pay you the amount owed, you do have the time to pursue your legal recourse to recover what is owed you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What about also responding to their email to me?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Yes, I would respond to the email in the same fashion. :)