Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Run my own successful business/contract law practice.
18572087

How are you

Customer Question

hi how are you
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Can you please tell me if the attorney has signed any settlement agreement on your behalf, or you have? Or no - no settlement agreement has been signed? Likewise, has any settlement been confirmed in "open court" between the parties?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no from my knowledge there has been nothing signed arent i suppose to be the one signing?? the settlement has been made but it isnt what i want it isnt what i asked the lawyer to do I was the only one to show up in court if i hadnt i wouldve lost everything thanks to my lawyer i am quite frustrated by all this
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Thank you.

I am sorry to hear again about the situation. One last question please - what do you mean by "the settlement has been made?" As in, the other side's attorney or your attorney has drafted it for you to sign based on what your attorney has agreed for you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my attorney made a settlement which im not happy with, hes supposedly drafted the papers but has not presented them to me (350 month) yet its really not what i wanted the contract stipulated that once i present them to the lawyer they would be responsible for the attorney fees and interest as well he says no court would give me that then why did he include that in the contract of sale to them? Also after 6 years after the sale they were continuing to file taxes under my name, can someone do that even after I sold the store?? he says thats normal?? not really sure which way to go thank you for your help
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

I am offline for a while, so as not to make you wait for an answer, I am going to opt out of your question and open this up for other experts.

Your JustAnswer Account has not been charged for this conversation and your question is back in the queue. You do not have to stay online for the question to be active. Should an expert pick it up, you should be alerted via email and/or SMS (text message) unless you actively disable these features.

There is no need for you to reply at this time as this will "lock" your question back to me, thus inadvertently delaying other experts' access to it.

My apologies for any inconvenience and good luck...