Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Run my own successful business/contract law practice.
18572087

If I am a employee covered by ADA, can my employer (Federal

Customer Question

If I am a employee covered by ADA, can my employer (Federal Government) fire or suspend me without first doing a comprehensive investigation. After being denied my medication on a Friday (anxiety, PTSD, etc.) I was summarily placed on suspension on the
next day on Saturday. Suspension was based on unfounded accusations that were made by employees in another airport after I was denied boarding after "appearing" to be intoxicated. Fact is, I get much the same reaction if I do not take my medication on a timely
basis. On that day, my medication was locked in an airplane hold and the air carrier (Southwest Airlines) refused to remove my luggage so that I could have access to mu medication which I had overlooked that morning. Thanks.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Richard - Bizlaw replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will try to help you. Please remember I just report or interpret the law, so the outcome may not be what you hoped for.

What is the nature of the work you do for your employer? Do you have a union or a contract that covers what your rights are in the current situation?