Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
10285032

I have a retail store I would like to sell smoothies but it

Customer Question

I have a retail store I would like to sell smoothies but it will only be about 20-30% of my business. Do I need a restaurant permit?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Yes, if you are serving food for consumption you are going to need the permit and health inspection I am afraid. NYC has strict regulation about sales of food or consumables and there are required periodic inspections and permits are indeed required no matter how much of the business it would be.