Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Attorney
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney. I have experience in business law, bankruptcy, real estate law and estates.
63724254

Our business and my husband got sued by a supplier which we

Customer Question

Our business and my husband got sued by a supplier which we owed money to. We never denied payment, we just wanted a payment plan. My husband contacted emerge180.com to assist with this matter. We have been a getting a lot of mail from the court, which my husband always forwards to emerge180.com. We have been trying to get a payment plan which we can afford but to no avail. Last week, the court seized funds from the business checking account without us knowing. Just yesterday my husband received a notification from the court regarding the issuance of a writ of garnishment against the business account and our personal account. Today, they placed a hold on our personal account for twice the amount that the court ordered we have to pay. Emerge180.com advised my husband that this is normal procedure and not to do anything else until they see that we don't have much money to pay the debt and maybe then they will be able to negotiate a payment plan suitable for us. Please advise if this is the correct course of action that we must take.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 1 year ago.

Emerge180.com is not negotiating in the most effective manner. you need to contact the creditor directly and see if a payment plan can be negotiated. Otherwise, hey will seek all monies out of any bank accounts you may have. The best approach is not to wait and see how much money they get. A proactive approach such as speaking with the creditor and negotiating a payment plan sooner rather than later seems appropriate.

I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
According to emerge180 the creditor is not willing to negotiate a payment plan. If this is true, what do you recommend we do? Also, is it normal that we were not notified by emerge180 that our accounts would be frozen. We are very skeptical and frustrated. We are starting to believe that emerge180 has been lying to us and has not engaged the creditor to negotiate.

That may be correct. I do not believe Emerge180 is taking any initiative and is not be candid with you.

I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation. Thank you.