P. Simmons, Attorney
Experience:  12+ yrs. of legal experience.
11181181

My friend is opening a restaurant and he went to make a

Customer Question

My friend is opening a restaurant and he went to make a purchase at a restaurant store and they asked him for his Pa. state tax number. He was not aware that he needed this or what exactly this is. Can you please inform me?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** have over 16 years experience in the law. Should you like to chat on the phone I am happy to for a nominal cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested I am happy to give you more details.

To conduct business in Pennsylvania, you must register your business and obtain a Pennsylvania Tax Identification number. This number identifies your business to the Pennsylvania Department of Revenue when paying a variety of state business taxes, including sales tax, employee withholdings, and filing your business income tax return.

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.