How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 115461
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My question is in regards to payroll and EDD My company's

Customer Question

Hello, my question is in regards ***** ***** and EDD
My company's FEIN has been moved to Nevada. I have one employee who I need to pay
This is a new company and so i need to know if i need to go to the EDD and get a califonia employer account number? I just found out about the move to Nevada from Califonia
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

If you are going to be employing an employee in CA, you need to register your foreign b business entity doing business in CA with EDD and the secretary of state and will have to make sure you pay your taxes to the franchise tax board and maintain your unemployment and workers compensation payments for that employee in CA, not NV, since that is where they are performing their work and services.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

when applying for my EDD number in Califonia do I rovide my FEIN from Nevada?

Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your reply.

You do use your same EIN number in CA. You need to register your company in CA with the secretary of state as a foreign business entity doing business in CA.

Related Business Law Questions