Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
10285032

I have a corporation in California and i wish to open branch

Customer Question

I have a corporation in California and i wish to open branch offices in Seattle, Chicago, Artesia, Sacramento, Phoenix.
I want those offices to be only the sales office and will be run by independent contractors. People running those office will work with me in profit percentage and not as an employee.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

What is your specific question regarding this matter that we can assist you with?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I want to know what kind of legal structure I have to follow. As I want to change their name according to the area.

Current company name is ***** ***** immigration services and when I open it in Seattle. I want to make it as Seattle area immigration Services.

Aretsia immigration Services. Sacramento immigration services etc.

Thank you for your reply.

The easiest way to do this would be forming one main corporation which would then be the owner of the other entities in each state. So you would have your main Aretsia Immigration Services Corporation, they would then own Sacramento and Seattle and San Francisco which would be formed as a separate manager managed LLC in each state where they will operate. Thus, each entity is separate, your main entity is protected from liability and you are protected from personal liability by the corporate veil.