Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Attorney
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney. I have experience in business law, bankruptcy, real estate law and estates.
63724254

What is the relationship between business law and ethics?

Customer Question

Category: Business Law
Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 1 year ago.

Ethics is intertwined with business law. Ethics as it relates to business is the underlying philosophy between what is morally right and wrong. What may be ethical may not be the best legal business decision, but it may be the best moral decision. For instance, entering into a one-sided contract and taking advantage of a party because of its financial condition may be the best business move but may not be the best ethical decision to take advantage of another in business because of its inferior knowledge or financial decision.

I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you help me understand how ethics can be applied to the Adnani mine project in Australia?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Adani Mining Project

Ethics can be applied by engaging in moral conduct that is considered right. The Adani Mining Project could engage in ethical conduct by treating its workers fair, minimizing any pollution caused by the project and providing adequate safety measures to the workers, community and surrounding animals.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thankyou!What about social corporate responsibility and ethics in relation to the Adani mining case and in general?

My answer remains the same. There is no distinction between the Adam mining case and in general with respect to social corporate responsibility and general.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why has the Commonwealth Bank pulled out on the Adani project? How can that relate to ethics and the law?

The reasons a bank pulls out of a project could vary widely, such as economic conditions, lack of credit history to sustain interest payments. The banks reasoning may not have to do with ethics. Id the bank pulled out for ethical reasons, it probably became evident that the project was not in line with the ethical philosophy I mentioned above. Ethics and law are two separate issues, sometimes they cross over but if the project did not comport with the law, the bank would have certainly pulled out for that reason alone.