Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
10285032

I have a small business (S Corporation) and have had it

Customer Question

I have a small business (S Corporation) and have had it for 5 years, but would now like to permanently close it by year end. What would I need to do for both Federal and State to dissolve it. Thank you
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

You have to file articles of dissolution with the secretary of state, which is a form from the secretary of state saying the corporation has voted to close and that all taxes and debts of the corporation have been paid up to date. Once you do that the secretary of state will send you a certificate of dissolution which you attach a copy of to your final state and federal tax returns.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much. Lori Falcon

Thank you for your reply.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.