Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
10285032

I work place called auto chlore and my boss is a very mean

Customer Question

i work for a place called auto chlore and my boss is a very mean person he is also the owner he swears and throws stuff and i am on a 30 day probation and is threating to fire me today he said pull your head out of your ass he never said what has to be done on this 30 day probation and i never signed anything he also makes gay jokes towrds me and callls me stupid what should i do and his son does the same thing he came in and threw a radio on the ground for me listening to country
Category: Business Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i was hired at first to clean buckets and rebuild machines then the main guy in our shop got fired and he put me right in his job did not say anything about promotion and by the way i mix hazardous products i pour dry ingredients in that say on the bag has caused tumers and stuff on the side with no resperator and am allways geting burned by chemicle and i never got a pay raise..i was never trained fully to do this job either...he also makes me drive a truck from outside inside and i broke a mirror and i dont have a licenz he knows this to
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can someone give me some info
i dont want call i just want response
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
oh i also live in nevada an at will state
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Is he doing this to you based only because of your age/race/sex/disability/national origin?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i dont know to be honest...im only 20 this is my first job i dont know how to deal with this but i know i am about to lose my job and i know there has to be something i can do about this so maybe he learns and doesnt treat his next employee like garbage and allways joke around around and call them gay and stupid and ugly when i am none of them not gay ugly or stupid.

Thank you for your reply.

Employment in the US is considered "at will" and that means the employer can hire or fire the employee for no reason at all or for any reason as long as it is not based on the employee's age/race/sex/disability/national origin.

The US Supreme Court has stated that in order for someone to be able to sue an employer for harassing conduct, the conduct has to be based on age/race/sex/disability/national origin of the employee and the court said the law does not mean a workplace has to be civil (see: Oncale v. Sundowner Offshore, US Supreme Court).

There are no laws about bullying in the workplace. Unfortunately, just because the boss is a jerk and treats his employees like crap and curses and yells at them, unless he is doing it for one of those reasons above, it is not legally actionable.

I am afraid that some bosses are just jerks, but that is not unlawful I am afraid. If he physically attacks you, that is legally actionable and you could sue him and also file criminal charges for that or if he broke your radio he can be forced to pay for that in small claims court if you want to sue him for the damage to your radio. However, name calling, cursing and yelling or even throwing things around the workplace is not actionable.