P. Simmons, Attorney
Experience:  12+ yrs. of legal experience.
11181181

My corporation was sued, but with the wrong spelling of the

Customer Question

My corporation was sued, but with the wrong spelling of the corporate name. I was unaware of this, until I received a letter from the sheriff recently. Now this missed spelled corporation has a judgement against it. Is this legal, can a sheriff execute with this judgement against my corporation. What can I personally do to thwart this judgement? What will this cost me?
Category: Business Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My corporation is in The USA, state of New York. Your side bar said Canada Law??? I don't want Canadian Law!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry for this dilemma. Are you looking for a phone call? If so I will send that offer

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am interested in an answer to my question, but not from Cananda Law. I am in the states, in New York. Please change this first, I don't know what the charges are in Canadian money....
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Sorry...I do not know what you are looking to change. I am a lawyer licensed in the US. Are you looking for a phone call? If you accept the offer I sent we can chat...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The site says it is CA27 for a phone call. ?? That is not US!
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Hmm...that is odd. Since I am in the US as well as you....though I do understand that this website is worldwide. No idea why you have tied into Canada...

Would you like the phone # ***** customer service?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I called already. I don't have time to waste. Thanks any way.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Certainly...best of luck to you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I could not get this matter of payment settled with anyone at your company. I did not recieve an answer nor want one from you now. Please refund my card, and fix your website so people in the US are not place in a canadian website. Thank you.