Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
10285032

I'm looking template to write a response to a civil summons.

Customer Question

I'm looking for a template to write a response to a civil summons.
Category: Business Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please email me a template to write a response to a "Summons - Civil Action" I'm very savvy with legal documents, both reading and writing, but I do need a template. Thank you
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Here is an answer from the Circuit Court in Fairfax:
http://belawsuit.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Defendant-F.-Edwin-Harbachs-Answer-and-Affirmative-Defenses-to-the-Complaint.pdf

It is an answer with affirmative defenses, but if you have no affirmative defenses, you can leave those out. You are essentially only to answer, "admit" or "Deny" or "insufficient information to form a reasonable belief to the truth of the matter asserted in this paragraph and leave Plaintiff to their Proof thereof."