Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
10285032

I am a bona fide member in a partnership according to the

Customer Question

I am a bona fide member in a partnership according to the IRS SS-8 determinations dept. I understand now its a civil matter.. My question is what dept can help me with the IRS or what forms do I need to file because i suspect he received tax benefits while I inccured losses.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Unfortunately, there is no department in the IRS that can help you with this, it is going to be the civil court, that is what it means to be a civil matter. You will need, as part of the civil suit, to get a subpoena from the court and serve it on the IRS for them to send you the information you are seeking to get the information on whether or not he did get benefits.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you call me 1-***-***-****?

Thank you for your reply.

I am sorry, but under site rules, phone calls are an additional service offer for an additional fee. If you would like one I can send you such an offer, which has to be paid before any phone call can be made. I apologize, but as the experts are not employees of the site, we are users of the site like you are, and have to abide by the site's rules on this.