socrateaser, Attorney
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
10097515

Oh I was just searching the site to find a conversation on

Customer Question

Oh hello, I was just searching the site to find a conversation on the legality of charging late fees. I work in a membership based business, where members pay a fee to work in our building. They don't pay rent, instead they pay a membership fee based on the number of hours the spend in the space.
Category: Business Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Our business locations are in CA, NY, PA and Washington D.C
Expert:  socrateaser replied 1 year ago.

Different jurisdictions have different laws on late fees. If you would like a thoroughly researched legal memorandum surveying the four jurisdictions that you list, I would be happy to conduct the research. However, this is not the sort of thing that can be done in this forum, because, frankly, it could take several hours to research and draft the memorandum -- and Justanswer is simply not set up to deal with paying for services by the hour.

I will send you the offer, which you may accept or decline at your convenience. If you accept please contact me at the email address that I will provide, and we can try to work out the details.

Thanks for using Justanswer!