Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience:  30+ yrs. representing small business, real estate, probate
18215332

IF I WANT TO BUY RETAIL PRODUCTS FROM A DISTRIBUTOR IN

Customer Question

IF I WANT TO BUY RETAIL PRODUCTS FROM A DISTRIBUTOR IN ANOTHER COUNTRY AND SELL HERE, WHILE SOMEONE ELSE IN US HAS AN EXCLUSIVE CONTRACT DIRECTLY WITH THE COMPANY TO SELL IN US AM I BREAKING ANY LAW?
Category: Business Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i wanted to add if i want to open a pharmacy to sell all kinds of cosmetic hemp certified products is it legal to do in NY and NJ?. These products are cosmetic in nature have all been certified and are even good for babies. Is it legal in all states and what licence if any do I need to sell these products? These products were made and certified in Europe
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.

You would not be breaking any law just by importing a legal product, which you say this is. (Check with U.S. FDA)

If the manufacturer has an exclusive agreement with someone else, they may be breaching their contract by selling to you. That could get you and them sued by the U.S. Company that is already selling it under that agreement.

I hope that this information is helpful and that you will enter a positive rating. That is the only way I will be compensated for assisting you. Bonuses are appreciated too. I will be happy to answer follow-up questions which relate to this one. Also, since we are not acting as your attorney be sure to confirm our information with a local attorney. Thanks for choosing JUST ANSWER.

Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.
HELLO AGAIN. I hope that my Answer has been helpful. If you need more information, please send me a Reply. If not, I hope that you will enter a positive rating for my Answer so that I can receive credit for assisting you. Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.