Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
10285032

How can a business contract with non-disclosure items be

Customer Question

How can a business contract with non-disclosure items be enforced if I am in the United States and I hire someone in Argentina?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

What do the terms of the contract state specifically about non-disclosure?

What does hiring someone in Argentina have to do with non-disclosure?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I should say that, basically, I'm looking at hiring a team of software developers based in Argentina. I'm concerned with legal issues especially protecting ideas and IP and client information when dealing with these developers.

So, is there something I could put in the contract that would help with enforcing any kind of non-disclosure terms and other legal terms.

I suppose, by hiring them, indirectly, that means they are selling their services in the United States and by that I could file suit in a U.S. court that may be enforced internationally. Is that correct? I really need to learn more about international law.

Thank you for your reply.

You can put a choice of law clause in your contract, making them agree that the contract is under US law and the jurisdiction of any suit for breach would be in the court in the state where you are located. In the choice of law/jurisdiction clause, you can also state that they agree that any judgment rendered by the US court would be binding and enforceable against them in Argentina and they agree any judgment of the US court can be filed in the courts in Argentina for enforcement.

That is the only way you can bind them and make sure if they breach the contract you can enforce the terms.