Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
10285032

I have a texas based company which is 2 member LLC

Customer Question

I have a texas based company which is 2 member LLC Patnership, I'm a resident of california, working in california.
I have not enrolled my company as foreign LLC in california, i have been told that I need to enroll as foreign or out of state LLC in california, since im the major stake holder and decision maker for the company and deciding from california, Also im planning to rent an apartment for my consultants who are working in california for my clients.
I have not started the payroll for them yet, I need to enroll as foreign LLC in california or just enroll for tax puposes?
Also I have other employees residing and working in NJ and MI, should i enroll as foreign LLC or should I need to just enroll as a new firm over there, or just get state tax ID from them, what is the process. Can i get links of state website, where i can enroll too.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

You need register your LLC as a foreign LLC in California. Below is the link for registering your foreign LLC in California. At the forms page, make sure to read the entire page before proceeding. You would be scrolling down to registering a foreign LLC:

http://www.sos.ca.gov/business-programs/business-entities/forms

New Jersey requires that you file original formation documents in order to register the LLC in New Jersey. You must also complete tax Form NJ-REG- to register the business for tax and employer purposes. Click on the link below for more information:

http://www.nj.gov/treasury/revenue/gettingregistered.shtml

For State of Michigan, you must file Application for Certificate of Authority in order to conduct business in the State of Michigan. Click on the link below to download the form:

http://www.dleg.state.mi.us/bcsc/forms/corp/llc/760.pdf

For general information on registration of business entities in the State of Michigan, click on the link below:

http://www.michigan.gov/lara/0,4601,7-154-61343_35413_35429---,00.html

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi,Do I need to enroll with each state to pay employee and employer taxes, if my consultants work on all 50 states, do I need to enroll in all states. Is there any easy way.

I am sorry, but I cannot provide you legal advice. I have provided the information that I can provide to you within the confines of this forum. I will opt out however I give another Attorney the opportunity to further assist you..

Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

I am a DIFFERENT CONTRIBUTOR.

You must file in each state where you have actual employees working to pay taxes, unemployment tax and also workers compensation. If these people are actually employees, then you have to pay taxes on them where they are performing their work.

You have to register as a foreign business entity in those states if you are regularly conducting business in those states.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But my question, without enrolling can I pay the taxes to these states, which i have not enrolled.