MDLaw
MDLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Experience in business law, contract law and related matters.
16277701

I signed a contract with no amount to be billed, because I

Customer Question

I signed a contract for childcare with no amount to be billed, because I made a verbal agreement about the rate with the director of $6 a day (as my child was a drop in).On June 23 I signed a new agreement with the amount listed of $31 a week. I didn't receive a bill for 2.5 months but paid accordingly to the $6/week agreement (actually paying over so I knew I had a cushion). Two weeks ago I got a bill for $409 in which the bookkeeper charged me a five day rate before the new contract (never informed or agreed upon). Then charged me $35 a week after that till his last day on July 31. She then proceeded to charge me the whole month of August, which they were informed of his last day. I also did not sign a contract when rates changed on August 1 since he was done. I'm a pre law student and have done some research, I just want to make sure I am on the right track.
Submitted: 1 year ago via Cornell Legal Info Institute.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  MDLaw replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for using the Just Answer website. I look forward to assisting you this evening.

When you say that you signed a contract with no amount to be billed, do you mean that the cost/rate was left blank? When was that contract signed and when did it end?

When you say that you would pay your contracted amount, are you referring to the June 23rd agreement where the cost was listed at 31/week? Was that agreement only through July 31st or was it through August? What was the end date?

When you say that you paid at the 6 dollar a day rate after the June 23rd agreement, why were you paying that rate instead of the 31/week? How many days was your child at the childcare facility?

When you say that you were changed the 5 day rate, what was that rate and for what dates were you billed at that rate?