Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
10285032

In Hollywood Florida, business operating nationwide, is a

Customer Question

In Hollywood Florida, for a business operating nationwide, is a local business license needed? One is doing debt relief. The other is doing tax preparation and related. Any other licenses needed in FL?
Thanks!
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

If you are serving any customers within Hollywood, you need an occupational license. So if you are doing debt relief and tax preparation for customers coming to you in Hollywood, then the occupational license is required. You also need to be registered with the state department of revenue in FL for paying any sales taxes or business taxes due.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

If you are serving any customers within Hollywood, you need an occupational license.

* Can you point me to the links in FL where it states this and specifically what license it is and how to get?

So if you are doing debt relief and tax preparation for customers coming to you in Hollywood, then the occupational license is required. You also need to be registered with the state department of revenue in FL for paying any sales taxes or business taxes due.

* Can you point me to the state dept of revenue? There are no sales taxes for services right?

* How about local county taxes?

Can you point me to the links in FL where it states this and specifically what license it is and how to get?

Thank you for your reply.

Here is the link for applying for an occupational tax in Hollywood FL: http://www.hollywoodfl.org/index.aspx?NID=494

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Where does it state that debt or tax requires an ocupational tax?

http://www.hollywoodfl.org/index.aspx?NID=494 is for local business licenses for anything (e.g. pizzeria, etc.)

Thank you for your reply.

It applies to any business in Hollywood providing services or goods that may be taxable.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Any other licenses or just this one?

Services aren't taxable, so still needed?

Thanks!

Thank you for your reply.

That is the only license needed, as the state and city want to make sure they are getting what they are due and that is how they check on it and keep track.