How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask David L Your Own Question
David L
David L, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 3255
Experience:  Corporate and Business lawyer since 1997
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
David L is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What document or agreement is needed owner of an S-corp

Customer Question

What document or agreement is needed for an owner of an S-corp (whom is the sole owner of all 1000 shares) to give 500 shares to someone else? Where can I find a template of such a document?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  David L replied 1 year ago.

Hi and thanks for asking your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. I am a Florida licensed attorney. There are a few ways to accomplish this transaction. The easiest way is to simply sign over a stock certificate representing 500 shares. Blank stock shares come within corporate kits that one would generally purchase when forming the corporation. If you don't have a corporate kit, you can order one for less than $100 online. The kit will come with custom pre-printed blank stock shares with the name of your company. Each share can be endorsed to another party. There is also a stock ledger within the corporate book to keep track of ownership interests.

If you give or sell half the company to another party, you now have a shareholder with an equal interest in your corporation. You might consider two more documents. One would be a stock purchase agreement, which details the the terms of the transaction. The other would be a shareholder agreement, which defines the terms of your relationship with your new "partner." You can find sample stock purchase agreements and shareholder agreements by doing an Internet search.

Related Business Law Questions