Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
10285032

I am trying to do my online businesses under a different

Customer Question

I am trying to do my online businesses under a different name and form an LLc but hide the true ownership. How can I do this? I have a stalker and he has ruined many of my new business arrangements out of spite.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 1 year ago.

Use a dab and have an llc own the dab. Also, appoint a company agent for service of process and as incorporator. That will be the most feasible way to hide any personal connection to the business.

I hope that helped. Please rate my answer so that i may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation. Thank you.

Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Thank you for asking for me to assist you, sorry for the delay.
You have a couple of ways to do business here. First, you can form a new LLC, depending on the state you are in it could be a series LLC, which is one that is formed under your existing LLC, with your existing LLC as owner. Another way to do this is a Doing Business As (DBA) or Fictitious Business Entity, but you have to register that with the secretary of state as well so ownership would be traced back to your original LLC.
For pure anonymity, the best way to do this is to form yourself a trust. The trust is not recorded anywhere as who owns it. The trust then can form yourself a new LLC with the trust being the owner and then nobody would ever know who owns the LLC other than the trust, but nobody would know who owns the trust.
You can also file an LLC in Nevada or WY, which are two states that allow only the former of the LLC name to appear and keeps the owner names confidential.
These are your legal options.