Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

SEC rules on broker-dealer of finder fees. my friend is

Customer Question

SEC rules on broker-dealer of finder fees. my friend is currently helping his friend to looking for funding for the angel investment. he is an American and his friend's business is also an American business. if he helped his friend successfully find investors,
as return, can he request some % of stock equity as compensation without violation of SEC broker-dealer rule? if so, what is the best way to avoid that. thanks
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello: This is PhillipsEsq. I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.

Response: Regrettably, this arrangement would violate the SEC broker-dealer rule and finder's fee. See the PDF below for more information:
http://www.sec.gov/info/smallbus/acsec/finders-and-other-financial-intermediaries-yadley.pdf