J. Warren
J. Warren, Attorney
Experience:  Experience in general business transaction and formation matters.
64316804

If i start a photography business in NY using my name as the

Customer Question

if i start a photography business in NY using my name as the name of the business "Name Photography", do I need file a DBA?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  J. Warren replied 1 year ago.
Hello! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you today but please note this is general information only, not legal advice.
As long as the business name has an entire legal name, a DBA is not necessary. "Joe's Photography" would need a DBA however, "Joe E. Smith Photography" would not.
All my best & encouragement.
Kindly remember the only way experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on ok, good or excellent service even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. You must complete the rating for the expert to receive any credit.
All states have intricacies in their laws and any information given is simply information only and specifically is not intended to be, nor does it constitute, legal advice. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you.