Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

29 CFR 1904 OSHA 300 log question: What are the rules on

Customer Question

29 CFR 1904 OSHA 300 log question: What are the rules on when you can line item out or erase an entry on the OSHA 300 log.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello: This is PhillipsEsq. I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.
Response: I answered this question for you previously in April.
You can line item out or erase an entry if the outcome or extent of an injury or illness changes after you have recorded the case. Then you simply draw a line through the original entry or, if you wish, delete or white-out the original entry. Then write the new entry where it belongs.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is this an assumption or based on a law or interpretation. What makes it have to stay or go on the osha log?