Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
10285032

In 2013 I worked months at a company. Parties split - one

Customer Question

in 2013 I worked for two months at a company. Parties split - one partner left due to his embezzlement, etc.,,,,in 2014 the partner who left filed suit against the other partner and included me in it - my question is,,,,they attempted service on me in may 2014 - but I was traveling - in August 2014 they amended their suit but have not attempted to serve me again nor have they filed anything with the court to publish,,,,,extend time to serve, etc.,,,,can they still serve me? The attorney sent me an email over a year ago, before he filed the amended complaint demanding I accept but I didn't respond to the email....advise
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
P { margin-bottom: 0.08in; }

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

If he has not properly served you and they have not done any service by publication or alternative service. If you have never been served or notice has not been published and it is beyond the time for service, which it now is being 1 year, you are either out of the case or entitled to a motion to dismiss if they try to keep you in the case now.