Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
10285032

I own the trademark Mom and someone just started a site

Customer Question

I own the trademark Rich Mom and someone just started a site RichMom.co where they are blatantly using my trademark (and even my logo!).
How do I contact them for a cease and desist when they just have an email on their site? Can I contact the host company Godaddy who registered the domain for the site to send the Cease and Desist?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You would have to send the notice to GoDaddy and to the registered privacy company. You can also send a copy to the site at their "contact us" link (*****@******.***). Once you send it, if they do not respond, which they likely will not, then you would have to sue them to get an injunction to remove the site and to also seek damages from them for violating your trademark rights. You can recover damages, costs, attorney's fees and lost profits for them violating your mark and up to triple damages for punitive damages.