J. Warren
J. Warren, Attorney
Experience:  Experience in general business transaction and formation matters.
64316804

How do i dissolve a corporation

Customer Question

how do i dissolve a corporation
Category: Business Law
Expert:  J. Warren replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I look forward to providing you information. Please note:
(1) this is general information and is not legal advice. I never propose a specific course of action. There is no attorney-client relationship or privilege that is formed when communicating to an expert on this site. The site repeats this disclaimer numerous times. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and
(2) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my reply while I am typing out my answer.
First step is to obtain a written consent from the Tax Department and next is to file this certificate along with a Certificate of Dissolution with the Department of State. Here is a link to detailed instructions along with forms on dissolving a corporation with the State of New York: www.tax.ny.gov/bus/doingbus/tr125.htm
A form Certificate of Dissolution may be obtained at this site: www.dos.ny.gov/corps/vdissolu.html
All my best & encouragement.
Kindly remember the only way experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on ok, good or excellent service even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. You must complete the rating for the expert to receive any credit.
All states have intricacies in their laws and any information given is simply information only and specifically is not intended to be, nor does it constitute, legal advice. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you.