Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
10285032

I signed a Contract with Netsuite Cart and CRM Website. Been

Customer Question

I signed a Contract with Netsuite for Shopping Cart and CRM for my Website. Been renewing it for 13 years. I became very unhappy with price increaes and so called mandatory PayPal Fees. I told them I would not renew on June 26th and they said automatic
renewel starts or LED June 23rd. Shocked at the harassment since. Do I have a three day right to cancel. They have only responded with what I would call being very unprofessional. We have not used the services since. Competing companies are 95% cheaper. I
know that does not matter? I am in AZ they are selling services out of San Francisco. Thanks Laurin
Category: Business Law
Expert:  J. Warren replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I look forward to providing you information. Please note:
(1) this is general information and is not legal advice. I never propose a specific course of action. There is no attorney-client relationship or privilege that is formed when communicating to an expert on this site. The site repeats this disclaimer numerous times. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and
(2) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my reply while I am typing out my answer.
I am sorry to hear about your situation. Unfortunately, a 3 day right to rescind a sale does not apply in this case. You will need to review your contract with them with regards ***** ***** of the contract and renewal policy. If the policy is not being followed by the company then there are grounds for breach of contract claim.
Other options is to contact your banking institution that funds were withdrawn from and dispute the charges. In addition, it never hurts to file a complaint with the State Attorney General (with both AG's offices, Arizona and California).
While poor customer service and unprofessional attitude is not illegal, if enough complaints are filed, the company could face fines. If nothing else it may help reach a reasonable resolution to this unfortunate matter.
All my best & encouragement.
Kindly remember the only way experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on ok, good or excellent service even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. You must complete the rating for the expert to receive any credit.
All states have intricacies in their laws and any information given is simply information only and specifically is not intended to be, nor does it constitute, legal advice. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I failed to mention they say buried in the contract is automatic renewal. I did not sign a renewed. Does this matter. Thx L
Expert:  J. Warren replied 1 year ago.
It matters in the sense that the Attorney General do not like buried automatic renewals. Most of those type of services have renew terms in the contract and while legal are not favored by consumer protection bureaus.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like to spend a couple minutes on the phone . If possible Tuesday morning AZ time. 9am-1pm? THX
Expert:  J. Warren replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry I do not provide that service. However, let me opt out of the question and open the question up to the panel of lawyers of which one may provide this service. Do not reply to this transmission as it will delay in another lawyer being able to assistant as soon as possible.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I am a different contributor and look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I apologize but live phone calls, unlike in other sections on JustAnswer.com, can be deemed practice of law which is forbidden by state laws as we do not and cannot represent you in any legal matter. I would be happy to continue with you in this forum if you would like to use reply. Thank you for understanding.
If you have further questions, I can assist you here, but your previous expert was correct and if you would like to continue with him instead I will let him know as well.