Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

My friend came in from France and booked a 2-start hotel via

Customer Question

Hi: My friend came in from France and booked a 2-start hotel via Expedia. He stepped out with me for 5 hours and left his Visa on the table, no where near the trash and knowing him, he is a Network Engineer where the smallest mistakes can cost a company
a massive problem, point is, he definitely did not misplace it. He came back and complained to the hotel, they told him that they threw it out. I have reason to believe it was not thrown out but rather stolen, however, if it was thrown out, isn't there something
we can do? Their negligence or even criminal activity is costing him so much agony and we fear that when he calls the police today, they will try to retaliate and terminate his stay there. He doesn't have much money to switch so what are we up against once
we involve the police?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello: This is PhillipsEsq. I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.
we can do?

Response: File theft complaint with the hotel. I know you have indicated that he has already complained. However, this time, he needs to file theft complaint and he also needs to file Police Report.
Their negligence or even criminal activity is costing him so much agony and we fear that when he calls the police today, they will try to retaliate and terminate his stay there. He doesn't have much money to switch so what are we up against once
we involve the police?

Response 2: He needs to contact the Police, he has no choice. The Hotel would not be smart to retaliate against him in this day and age when Social Media can be used to spread negative information about a business in seconds.