Alex Esquire
Alex Esquire, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney
26296561

Chase Manhattan is closing my account debit charge charg

Customer Question

Chase Manhattan is closing my account for attempted debit charge charges which we were able to stop since we do due diligence and noticed activities for charges out of state.
We have been an active account for years and never failed to upkeep our account.
Executive office said they reserve the rights based on protocol
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Alex Esquire replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
What is your legal question for me related to the situation you have described?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been banking with jp Morgan Chase since the startup of my Restaurant.
There were a few incidences that we were able to prevent of unrelated fraud attempts via our Debit cards for our Establishment.
I did due diligence and avoided the loss for the bank as well as for me.(btw) small charges for pizza, grocery, nothing alarming.
We did have one charge at a Best Buy for 600 dollars that we called the bank to let them know that its fraud.We run a business checking for over 1.5M and the attempted charges were in the single digit dollar amount.I do due diligence monitoring my bank constantly.I was told Saturday that the bank is closing my account.I tried speaking to the branch and the Executive office and they were ignoring my pleas to reconsider.
I spoke to a Mr. Ira Hanson who was being really arrogant and decisive putting me on a defense when I asked him why I should suffer the consequence of a attempted fraud which occurred out of our city limits.We have a problem since our Banking allows Insurance Companies, Payroll, Sales tax and merchants to ACH directly from my account.
My pleas were futile.I think this man yields his power over hard working individuals by simply sitting at his desk and just denying my request for a reversal on the decision.I want to sue the bank for all the changes and the hardships we are going through because of their actions.I feel it was prejudiced and had no reason for their actions.
Thank you for your follow up.
Did you review your account agreement with the bank?
Most written account agreement do allow the bank the right to close any account at their sole discretion for any reason or without a reason.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been with the bank for 8 years.
No...I did not review the agreement.
I am actually hosting a Business Event tonight for a Chase local branch.
I do think it was a discriminatory decision.
Thank you for your follow up.Unfortunately, most banks, do reserve the right to cancel any account with them at the bank's sole discretion, regardless of how many years the customer has banked with the bank and unless the customer have clear evidence that the account was terminated by the bank based on illegal discrimination, i.e. based on race, religion, ethnicity, etc..., the customer would not generally have any legal recourse, aside from appealing the decision to the JP Morgan Corporate Headquarters at the link below: https://www.chase.com/business-banking/contact-us I am very sorry to provide you with this bad news, but please understand that I do have professional obligation to provide JustAnswer.com customers with correct answers, even when answer is not favorable to the customer.I wish you the best of luck and God bless you!
Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?
If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.
Thank you.