MDLaw
MDLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Experience in business law, contract law and related matters.
16277701

I am a mobile mechanic, can I charge a parts cost deposit in

Customer Question

I am a mobile mechanic, can I charge a parts cost deposit in my beginning years so that I dont have to risk my own money for expensive parts
Category: Business Law
Expert:  MDLaw replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for using the Just Answer website. I look forward to assisting you. Just to clarify, are you asking if you can charge customers a deposit before you do any work for them?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, just to cover parts cost.
Expert:  MDLaw replied 1 year ago.
Yes, you can charge a deposit to your customers. You simply need to be sure that you have it in writing what the deposit is for and to give that to them in advance, first thing.
Please let me know if this has answered your question. If it has, please be so kind as to leave me a positive rating as that is the only way that we experts get credited by the site for having assisted you.
If, however, you need more information from me, simply reply back to me and we can continue our conversation. Thank you in advance for allowing me to assist you today.