LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 25 years experience in the practice of law.
15277592

I would like to hire PART TIME a person to cover

Customer Question

Hello, I would like to hire PART TIME a person to cover company SECRETARY position. I have never done this before. Please can you let me know steps in achieving this as well as what kind of reporting to authorities I need to do, when and how much taxes
I need to pay? Does the employee need to do anything on its own part regarding this part time employment in terms of reporting paying taxes..?! Thank you very much
Category: Business Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.
Good evening,I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. There is no difference between your obligations as an employer of a part time employee as there is of a full time employee. You must verify eligibility for employment (federal rules), you must provide unemployment insurance through the state, get workers' compensation coverage for the employee and withhold all taxes that you do for every other employee. You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.Please remember to rate my service to you so that I can be compensated for helping you.I wish you and yours the best in 2015,Doug
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Doug, thank you for your answer. I am more looking for steps (Step 1, step 2...) to employ this person part time. Now, I am aware of all those checks and verifications I need to go through in order to make sure the person is eligible to work, however I cannot proceed further more without know what exact steps I need to take. If you can help me out I would really appreciate it!
Thanks Doug
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.
I am unable to further assist you in this matter, and I am going to opt out of your question and open this up for other professionals.Your question is being placed back in the question list for other professionals to see, and to respond to. You do not have to stay online for the question to be active. Should another professional pick it up, you should be alerted by email unless you actively disable this feature.There is no need for you to reply at this time as this may "lock" your question back to me, thus inadvertently delaying other professionals' access to it.I apologize for any inconvenience and wish you well in your future.Doug