Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Run my own successful business/contract law practice.
18572087

I am interested in knowing if Florida allows members of the LLC to remain anonymous? Can

Customer Question

I am interested in knowing if Florida allows members of the LLC to remain anonymous? Can anyone gain access to the members names, addresses etc? We have recently gone through a very bad financial loss and are trying to re-establish ourselves but do not wish to have people or past creditors know our actions until we have raised enough money to settle those debts. Could creditors attach any assets in this LLC?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns. Based on my review the LLC members are not permitted to be anonymous in Florida. While some states, such as Delaware, only require the registered agent's name to be listed, Florida does not, and the LLC information can be pursued and is discoverable. And yes, creditors can indeed pursue the LLC, they can pursue ownership shares as an asset, and if they argue 'alter ego', they can try to pierce the corporate veil and pursue the internal assets of the LLC that the LLC is currently holding. Sincerely,Dimitry, Esq.