Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Run my own successful business/contract law practice.
18572087

I live in Medford WI. I closed a business on 12-30-2015.

Customer Question

I live in Medford WI. I closed a business on 12-30-2015. I was told by the city assessor that I would not have to pay any more personal property tax because I was out of business. Than two weeks ago I get a bill for my sign out front of my building. I called and questioned. Her respond was signs are treated different. She could not give that to me in writing or explain clearly why. The sign was listed on my balance sheet as a portable digtal sign and is still hanging on my building which I own.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Was this an LLC or Corporation? Did you notify the assessor prior to winding up to determine any taxes due up to your wind up date?