Alex Esquire
Alex Esquire, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney
26296561

I live in Texas, a creditor Portfolio Recovery has been putting

Customer Question

I live in Texas, a creditor Portfolio Recovery has been putting notes on my door. A friend who saw one note told me it said to appear for a bench hearing due to a debt. Since it was put on my door and not given to me personally do I have to go. What can they do to me if I do not go
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Alex Esquire replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Generally, if the debtor does not show up at the court hearing, then the attorneys for the creditor will be able to obtain a default judgment against the debtor for the full amount that they request, plus any costs and legal fees and once the judgment is obtained, the attorneys for creditor will be able to enforce collection on such judgment by garnishing wages and bank accounts, seizing personal property and placing lien on real property, until the judgment is paid off / satisfied.
I am very sorry to provide you with this bad news, but please understand that I do have professional obligation to provide JustAnswer.com customers with correct answers, even when answer is not favorable to the customer.
I wish you the best of luck and God bless you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do I get charged for additional questions?
Any new questions have to be posted in a new post, however, I can answer your related follow up question at no charge, once my original answer is positively rated an accepted.
Thank you.
Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?
If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.
Thank you.
Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.Thank you.