CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  I am a businesses law attorney, with experience advising and representing owners and investors.
71563194

I am 61 and on social security disability past 2

Customer Question

i am 61 and on social security disability for the past 2 year exceptn for a few hundred dollars in interest that is my total income, I have not filed taxes for the last two years. This year I am going to sell my house and will make about 50 thousand on
it I have lived there for the lasr five years, Can I still not file taxes or should I file this year
Category: Business Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.
Before selling your home, please speak with a disability/social security attorney.The income from this sale has the potential to affect your eligibility for social security disability benefits, at least temporarily.You will need to file taxes following the sale of your home.