Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Run my own successful business/contract law practice.
18572087

I have an interest in purchasing a space to rent

Customer Question

I have an interest in purchasing a space for customers to rent for events. There is a need for that type of space in the city. How would I go about doing this?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
What type of "space" and what type of "customers?" You are asking about buying a building and dividing it and renting it out?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, not the purchase of a building, just a space. Perhaps I have it wrong. Are "spaces" purchased or rented? What I mean by space, example, in the city there are local, small grocery stores, referring to that type size. Purchasing something like that and turning it into a space where customers can rent from me to have events, ie; baby showers, graduation parties, etc...
Thank you for your reply.
So you want to buy open land and then rent space out similar to a farmer's market or flea market?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, not open land, space in a building.
So you want to buy a space in a building, not a whole building? Then you want to rent it out for events, like weddings or parties?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
Thank you for your reply. Do you still wish assistance?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You haven't given me any information as to how to get started. Will you provide any information?
Thank you for your reply. Please understand, you have not received any information because YOU have not provided clear information to us. In order for this system to operate properly,the customer must actually clearly and in detail communicate with the customer. it took me 3 times to get you to communicate your specific situation to me. If you will agree to actually communicate and give me details and not one or two word or short sentence replies, I will assist you and I GUARANTEE you WILL GET ANSWERS.
Now, are you going to provide food and beverages and alcohol?
You are just going to rent the space and people would have to have their own food an beverages catered in?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your time. I will no longer need your services.
Thank you for your reply. Best wishes. Sometimes this system is not for everyone as they are not comfortable communicating via this format. Please feel free to contact a local attorney for assistance.