José M.
José M., Attorney
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
54639574

I sold back in 2007 my Company in Spain. A 10% partner

Customer Question

Hello, I sold back in 2007 my Company in Spain. A 10% partner was paid in Switzerland in cash. He tried to collect additional funds by a civil suit that was not accepted in Court. The Company was sold in 9 MM €, although I only received 2.5 MM € due to the 2008 crash.
I did make a huge mistake, I transferred funds after selling the Company (I only had 80% of same) to a Company I incorporated, in which only my wife, my son and I were partners. Hence, this is considered in Spain as a corporate funds appropriation.
This partner has been succesful, even though my Lawyer always insisted there were no grounds for I have witnesses that not improprierty had been done.
Nonetheless the case went on and the last thing my Lawyer, who is involved advised me to do, was not to appear in Court.
At this time the Judge issued as by my urdernstanding an "international arrest warrant".
I am a USA Citizen and the U S Marshalls have not tried to locate me. I am perfectly accessible by Credit Bureau and Social Security Administration. I am retired and receive my pension by EFT in my bank.
I have to take flights domestically and I do not know if INTERPOL has me in a Red Notice.
Is there any way to find out if my name, passport number and DOB is in Airlines lists for TSA? Many thanks.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  José M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,
The only way to know if there is a warrant or and international order against you is asking at the same court which managed your case. There is not another way
You could ask your lawyer in Spain to find it out at court. Its your only chance.
If you do not do it, and you go out US, you could be arrested and deported To Spain
Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do understand that this would apply to international flights at the arrival airport. My question is if this would apply in domestic flights within the USA. I do knos there are "no flights notices" for alleged persons related with terrorism; but that's not my case. Is there in the USA a way to find if I have an arrest warrant. The U S Marshals have not moved and I am perfectly located. Many thanks.
Expert:  José M. replied 1 year ago.
In no case in domestics flights Sir
Expert:  José M. replied 1 year ago.
Only If you go abroad
Expert:  José M. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Neither TSA or the airlines check domestic flight passenger lists against criminal records. The only way this can come up is if some law enforcement agency gets a tip from someone or information that a person who is wanted is traveling on a particular flight on a particular date and time and then the law enforcement agency may take action if the warrant is for a valid offense that would be subject to legal extradition. It is not something that is just checked on every passenger flying domestic US flights.
Expert:  José M. replied 1 year ago.
Your risk is just abroad, no US police will arrest you in US to be send yo Spain
Thank you