Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Run my own successful business/contract law practice.
18572087

I'm filing a Certificate of Assumed Name new business,

Customer Question

I'm filing a Certificate of Assumed Name for a new business, and even though the physical location of the business' office and its employees are in New York City, the product itself is a mobile app which will include micro-transactions. Obviously, I cannot control where the app's users will be using it, so I was wondering if I needed to file the DBA under all counties of New York State even though the business' physical presence will only be in Manhattan.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you today. Here one DBA is sufficient if the products are sold out of your New York City location.If you open other branches in other cities/states then you have to do a new DBA for those locations.Here you can argue one location in NYC one dba as this is where the sales originate not where they use it. Reference http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/how-establish-sole-proprietorship-new-york.html Thanks again.