Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
10285032

I have a business in Virginia which has a fictitious name or DBA. I would like to change

Customer Question

I have a business in Virginia which has a fictitious name or DBA. I would like to change the DBA or, if easier, add a second DBA. How do I go about doing this?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

You need to file a new application for the fictitious name to operate under the new DBA then once you get that certificate, you would file your dissolution of the fictitious entity for the old entity (see:http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/courts/circuit/pdf/ccr-155.pdf) . This is the most expedient way to get the new DBA and get rid of the old DBA which would not have any impact on the actual business itself.