How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dimitry K., Esq. Your Own Question
Dimitry K., Esq.
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 1611
Experience:  Run my own successful business/contract law practice.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Dimitry K., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a commercial collections issue where another business

Customer Question

I have a commercial collections issue where another business owes me 20K from a deposit made by me to acquire a company. The deal fail to complete, the deposit is refundable per the LOI (in writing). Have attempted to contact the broker who will not return emails, letters nor phone calls. Even had an attorney call with no results. What is my best course of action to recoup my 20K?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 1 year ago.
I would imagine you know that the best way after having an attorney demand the money is to file a lawsuit. Do you have a more specific issue?