socrateaser, Attorney
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
10097515

Texas, I want to give 1/2 ownership to my girlfriend to my

Customer Question

texas, I want to give 1/2 ownership to my girlfriend to my house, add her to the warranty deed should I use a warranty deed where I as the grantor give 50% to myself and 50% to my girlfriend or should I use a deed to give 50% to my girlfriend only can
I add the word single man and single woman and there is no right of survivorship thanks
Category: Business Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 1 year ago.
A warranty deed warrants that you will defend the grantees' right to the property. Most people who are gifting property, quitclaim their interest, so that they warranty nothing to the grantee. A quitclaim grant can be worded as: I, John Doe, Grantor, hereby quitclaim, release and remise, to John Doe and ***** *****, Grantees, each, a one half interest as tenants in common, in and to the real property legally described as follows: [legal description of property] I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer -- otherwise, I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.Thanks again for using justanswer.com!