Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Run my own successful business/contract law practice.
18572087

My dad opened a corporation under his name business that

Customer Question

My dad opened a corporation under his name for a business that his friend ran and managed in NYC. After some state penalties were incurred, the order to pay came but his friend neglected to do so. There some arguments between them, and my dad filing a police report for threats from the friend left. The friend left the business and told my dad to run if he wanted to. Before he left, he took some legal documents and also withdrew all the money from the business account belonging to Corporation under my dad's name. My proceeded to run the business and changed the locks on the shop to prevent further theft. Now the friend has came back and called the police on my dad saying that he kicked them out and that they are both partners while producing some documents for them to see. The police ordered my dad to put the locks back to the old ones or he would be arrested. Also it seems that his friend never changed the lease of property over to corporation under my dads name, but did pay the rent through the corporation account thats under my dads name. This all has happened in a matter of a week, not sure what to do now. Should we file another police report for the money that was withdrawn even though it belongs to him. All we want is the large penalty paid and that corporation financial standing cleared.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 1 year ago.
Hello. I am here to help you with your question. First, I need some clarification. Is your dad the only one that owns the corporation? Also, whose name is ***** ***** lease?