How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask socrateaser Your Own Question
socrateaser, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 38507
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
socrateaser is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have 2 Letters from the U.S. Treasusary payment that

Customer Question

I have 2 Letters from the U.S. Treasusary for a payment that I am to receive in the amount of 3 million pounds. They are paying it to me in A treasury bond but I just got a letter stating there's something called Marginal Fluctuation Rate Difference and this money can't be deducted because the funds have a executive non fragment seal. Does this make any sense.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 1 year ago.
Hello, What, if anything have you done for the U.S. government that would justify you're being paid 3 million pounds?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's an inheritance that I am receiving from Royal Canada Bank in the UK. The first letter is a agreement between the bank in the UK and the U.S. Treasury , I have a copy of the letter. It states how the Department of the treasury has signed a MOU with the holding bank Royal Bank of Canada, to pay my inheritance as US treasury Bond. The first letter is signed by Peter Barrowcliffe Director Office of International Affairs US Department of the Treasury New York, and the second letter is from Eric M Thorson Inspector General Department of the Treasury. The second letter is out of the Washington Dc office on Treasury letter head office of Inspector General.
Expert:  socrateaser replied 1 year ago.
If you are being required to pay anything to anyone as an adviance condition to the receipt of funds, then the proposed transaction is a "confidence scheme," in my opinion (i.e., a "scam"), and you should contact the FBI and report the incident. I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer -- otherwise, I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.Thanks again for using!