Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
10285032

I have been searching information on a business license for

Customer Question

I have been searching information on a business license for a non medical home care business. I already have my LLC and was under the impression that's all I needed when consulting with a lawyer.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
What type of home care are you talking about? Is this in NYC?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Located in Syracuse, NY. The business is a substitute fill-in service for caregivers doing personal care services-private duty. My employees and clients both being caregivers. Service will be an online interface
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have a payroll company set up with benefits, a merchant account with the bank and a web design company on hold for the company site. I am sort of in limbo right now trying to find out if I need to apply and how to apply for a Home Care License and how long it will take to get
Thank you for your additional information.
This type of service falls under the NY definition of a home healthcare agency, which states "1. "Home care services" means one or more of the following services provided to persons at home: (a) those services provided by a home care services agency; (b) home health aide services; (c) personal care services; (d) homemaker services; (e) housekeeper or chore services." See: NY Public Health Law 3602.
You would need to obtain a license from the NY Department of Health for Home Care Services Agency: https://www.health.ny.gov/forms/doh-1056.pdf.
You need to contact the NY Department of Health to get your agency licensed and it can take 30 days to several months depending on your specific situation.