Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

Can I go back to the car dealership after I have purchased

Customer Question

Can I go back to the car dealership after I have purchased a car and get my trade in car back! I will be willing to pay costs....my new car is not towable and my trade in was towable
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'm a Business litigation attorney. Thanks for your question. I'll be glad to assist.
Generally, there is no legal right to force the dealership to undo the transaction once it is completed. In other words, once the agreement is made, it's a done deal.
However, if the dealership misrepresented something to you or did not disclose some material issue with the vehicle, then you may have grounds to challenge the contract under claims of fraud or misrepresentation. But, if that is not present in your case, the only way you could undo the contract would be if the dealership agreed to cancel it.