CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  I am a businesses law attorney, with experience advising and representing owners and investors.
71563194

Federal Rules of Civ. Procedure. Question, Local Rules etc.

Customer Question

Federal Rules of Civ. Procedure. Question, Local Rules etc. If you are not familiar iwht the rules please do not attempt to answer this question. Is there a rule wherein a opposing counsel must share all discovery with newly hired counsel of a once pro-se
litigant?? Are there any cases which may support this practice. Thanks in advance
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.
What would be the purpose of such a rule? Why wouldn't the formerly pro se litigant give those things to his newly hired counsel?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You are an ass why did you bother to answer this
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Release yourself from this question
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.
New expert here.There is no such rule in Federal Court (and I am aware of no such rule in any state court - although I do not claim to have done a state by state analysis of the 50 states).The client would be responsible for providing their attorney with copies of the case file. Pro se litigants are treated the same (held to the same standards under the rules of procedure and rules of conduct) as represented litigants, and this standard would apply when there is a "substitution of counsel" (the formerly represented party retains counsel).