Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  20 years of experience practicing law with diversified background.
10707909

I have a small business inside a mall.The owner of the store

Customer Question

Hi I have a small business inside a mall.The owner of the store next to me Hates me and says that I copy everything from her.This lady sends her employees to bother my new employees, she has been bothering my sisters, she followed my sister to the parking lot,we caught her on camera spying at night in to our store.she talks bad about us to customers and she messages me a lot.I have told her 2 times that I will file a restraining order against her and she still didn't stop so I filed and today I served it.The cops that served the injunction are friends with her and didn't seem happy to do it. & they said that it is likely that she will fight the injunction. I am so tired of this person what can I do?
I have told the mall management but they are ignoring us.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 2 years ago.
HelloThis is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regardI am sorry to hear of this matterI suggest, that you get all your evidence organized. She has a right to appear at the hearing and show cause as to why it should not be made permanent. And so in that regard, you need to have the text messages, and also any witnesses, like your sisters who can testify as to her harassing and annoying behavior. You need to show the court how she is disruptive to your business and the steps you have taken to have her stop her behavior.I suggest, it is important at the hearing to only speak to the judge. Try not to look at her or make any faces, etc. Let her talk when it is her time without interruption and the court will see that you are there because you are concerned for your business. That is what you need to show.