Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients .
17897874

Is oral contract good under these circumstances, bid $20000,

Customer Question

Is oral contract good under these circumstances, bid $20000, got 8000 deposit, did majority of the work, winter came took 5 month off, ready to resume work, client said they found someone else to finish the job.can I go to small claims court ang sue for
breach of contract even though it was oral? this is new York.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Good morning. I am Loren, a licensed attorney and I look forward to helping you today.
Yes, an oral agreement is enforceable and can be the basis of your suit. It is just more difficult to prove the terms of such an agreement and usually devolves into one party's word against the other's.
So, any evidence of the terms, such as emails or other documentation would be helpful.
I hope this is helpful. If you have more follow up questions please let me know. It is never a problem.
Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** know of any case studies that I might use in small claims court that might support my argument?
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
In small claims court the claim will hinge on your evidence not case law. They do not care about case law in small claims court, only how convincingly you can prove your claim.
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Do you have any further questions before you rate my answer?